the acoustic diaries

Friday, June 10, 2005

Some Cities

The Doves played at The Commodore last night. The show was originally scheduled for Friday May 6, but was postponed due to the singer's strained vocals. The concert was quite enjoyable.

The opening band was called The Book of Lists. The show was scheduled to start at 9:30pm, but when we walked in at that time, the band only had three songs left. All of them were good, especially the last one they played. Wish I had a chance to see their whole set.

The Doves played for about 1hr 30mins. The three piece had an accompanying keyboardist for their performance that consisted of lush, layered tones. Being that I've yet to hear any of their albums yet, the songs were all new to me. Still, I enjoyed the performance very much.

As I was leaving the show, I ran into an old friend I from BCIT I hadn't seen in 4 years. The last time I checked, he moved to Toronto. I guess he's back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home