the acoustic diaries

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Yah...I can hear today

Went to see ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead last night at the Commodore. The first opening band was a trio called We Are Wolves. Couldn't understand what they were singing about. However, they did fulfill my daily intake of cowbell that was included in the drum section.

The International Noise Conspiracy was on next. The band had a lot of energy throughout their garage rock set. They also informed the crowd with some political banter in between songs. There was no barricade between the crowd and the stage for this show. This lead to some smart ass getting up on stage and falling backwards off expecting some people at the front to catch him. Unfortunately, people decided to move out of the way and I saw him land on his back and head on the cold Commodore floor. Ouch.....that's gotta sting.

Having seen The Trail of Dead before, I knew what was expected and decided to bring some ear plugs. This was my first time using ear plugs at a show, and they worked out nicely. I felt the last time I saw them at Richards was a stronger show, but I've grown more on their new "Worlds Apart" album and still enjoyed the set. At the end, some stage hands urged fans to get on stage and rock out with the band. This eventually lead to over 60 people jumping around on stage while the band concluded their final song. A few friends of mine jumped at the opportunity to get on the stage and started taking pictures of the mayhem. The pictures turned out rather interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home