the acoustic diaries

Friday, May 06, 2005

Attack of the ghost riders

Went to see The Raveonettes last night. The first band of the night was a trio from San Francisco named The Peels. I thought they had some catchy riffs. The next band was called Autolux. They had an amazing female drummer that smashed her cymbals with a unique grip.

Note to self.....female drummers are hot
Another note to self.........female musicians are hot

During the entire Autolux set, Sharin Foo of The Raveonettes was standing right beside me watching the opening band. A guy came up to buy her a drink, but she politely turned it down as she already had one. She left quickly after the Autolux set with few people recognizing her.

The Raveonettes play a really solid set, that included a cover of "My Boyfriend's back." Their catalogue of songs include both a garage rock feel and disco dancing numbers. They were on for about 1hr 10mins but it seemed a lot longer.

On my way to the show, I was waiting for a green light at an intersection and noticed someone staring in my direction. He proceeded to wind down the window and I then realized it was my friend Eric that I've know since kindergarden and haven't seen since highschool. Maybe we'll meet up again soon. I hope it's before another five years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home