the acoustic diaries

Friday, September 09, 2005

The Masterplan

Arrived home from the Oasis show just over an hour ago. It's Friday morning and almost 1am. Should be sleeping now. Work starts in just over 6hrs.

Anyways, I enjoyed the show. We had some sweet seats, floor row 5. The view was good and I didn't have any giants standing in front of me. Kasabian was the first band on. Caught two of their songs. Recognized one of them. Jet was the second opener. Their first song played was Cold Hard Bitch with an extended intro. Neato. The set lasted about 40mins. Nothing too special, and a decent opener to warm up the crowd.

Oasis hit the stage at around 9:15pm and opened with Turn Up the Sun. Their set consisted of many songs off the new album and singles off their first two records. Liam was entertaining to watch. He would sing the song, then walk to the edge of the stage and just stare off, with his sunglasses on during the set. At one point, he was staring with his tambourine resting on top of his head. OK....Anyways, as Noel prepared to hit the vocals on a couple tracks, the roar of the crowd would intensify. I guess many people agreed with my opinion that Noel is a better singer. Acquiesce was awesome, as was Live Forever and Don't Look Back In Anger.

Back to Liam, it seemed as though he wasn't enjoyed the sound of the show as much as he kept getting the sound guy to adjust his mic volume. He also complained about how his band was playing too fast for him to sing. Near the end of the main set, he said something along the lines of "I wish I played with a fuckin' decent band once in a while." As he walked off the stage, he gave the good old blowjob motion to Noel and Noel flipped a guitar pick at him. It was classic! Funny how when the band came back on for their encore, Liam came out one side of the stage while the other band members came out the other side.

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't play anything off Be Here Now as there are some good tracks on it such as "I Hope, I Think, I Know", "Stand By Me" and "Don't Go Away". I'm not as disappointed that they didn't play anything off Standing on the Shoulder Of Giants or Heathen Chemistry. I thought the setlist could have been stronger. Also absent from the setlist were Supersonic, Roll With It, and Stay Young. I did however enjoy Morning Glory and their cover of My Generation as the last song. Zak Starkey, Ringo's kid, was whaling away on the drums for their final song.

Despite the missing songs from the setlist and Liam's usual antics, I still had a good time at the show.

Anyways off to sleep...this time for real. I have no idea how I'm able to get up so early every morning.

MG tix go on sale at 10am this morning. Must also somehow get into the CFOX uninvited guest show.

1 Comments:

  • Robosapien V2 is HUGE : No Pre-Order Details Yet...
    Just take a look at RoboV2 there...he TOWERS over the Roboraptor! He's gigantic in personality and features from what we hear, and as soon as you can pre-order your own, we'll give you the scoop first.
    Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a complete system site/blog. It pretty much covers complete system related stuff.

    Come and check it out if you get time :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Sep 09, 01:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home