the acoustic diaries

Saturday, June 25, 2005

All The Pretty Horses and a pair of Socks

Just got back from a tremendous day of horseback riding. Twelve of us went on the trip and we did it at a place called Sea To Sky Stables up in Squamish. This was on my "Things To Do At Least Once In My Life" list and I'm so glad to have the opportunity to do it.

The weather turned out nice and sunny. It was such a beautiful and relaxing experience to ride the horse and explore the surrounding forest and mountains. Everything seemed so peaceful at that time, at every moment. I brought my camera along in hopes of capturing some great shots. It was interesting trying to snap a photo while the horse was speeding up on a straightaway. My horse's name was Socks, as he has 1 leg that is black, and 3 others that are black and white. It makes him look like he's wearing socks.

Socks was the best. He really enjoyed taking breaks to snack off the grass and trees. He also enjoyed taking craps during the ride. Within the first minute of the ride while we were going up the hill, he proceeded to take a huge crap. My friend riding behind me seemed to enjoy the sight first hand. At one point during the ride, Socks also stopped and took a massive leak. I think he must have pee'd about 2 litres. He also made some nice farts during the ride. The best part was that Socks was not ashamed of anything he did..........Socks you are unforgettable.

Off to do some swingdancing in about one hour. I'll see how long I hold up tonight. This weekend is the Vancouver Lindy Exchange, and there are people coming from all over Canada, some parts of the U.S., and even a few hardcore swingers from Australia. There will also be a battle of the bands tonight. Should be more good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home