the acoustic diaries

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Must have lost my mind when I lost your heart key

Went to see Matthew Good play last night at the VECC for the last show on his solo acoustic tour. It was my third night in a row, and MG Show #23 for me.

Melissa McClelland did a great job opening once again. Her forthcoming album will be released next month on May 23.




Matt kicked off the set with another crazy performance of Avalanche. Songs back in the setlist for night #3 that were not played the night before included: Tripoli, Can't Get Shot, Life Beyond, Prime Time, Hurt, and The Boy Come Home. Matt also played another new song, Breath Of A Nation.



The possessed guitar from the night before returned as Matt strummed the opening chords to So Long Mrs. Smith. He then switched guitars before continuing on with the song.

Mr. Good was quite the comedian as usual, singing a song about how Poco girls like to get laid in the woods. He also joked about the sex tape once again and said it would be called "Taking It To The Matt".



Matt mentioned that The Boy Come Home was written about an Iraqi War soldier Chris Taylor. He talked about the difficulties of those soldiers coming home after their deployment and having to deal with post-traumatic stress disorder.



Favourites of the night included Avalanche, Tripoli, Breath Of A Nation, Catastrophe, Protest Song, Life Beyond, Prime Time, and Fine Art.

Set lasted 2hrs.

Setlist:

Avalanche
Tripoli
Generation X-Wing
So Long Mrs. Smith
Breath Of A Nation
In A World Called Catastrophe
Hopeless
She's In It For The Money / Sort Of A Protest Song
Can't Get Shot In The Back If You Don't Run
Strange Days
Fated
Life Beyond The Minimum Safe Distance
Prime Time Deliverance
Load Me Up
Apparitions

Hurt (with Melissa McClelland)
The Fine Art Of Falling Apart
Alert Status Red
The Boy Come Home
Empty Road
Indestructible
Symbolistic White Walls



Matt signed my copy of Lo-Fi B-Sides. I didn't have a silver marker on me so he signed the inside cover of the EP.




The last three nights have been absolutely amazing and unforgettable.

3 Comments:

  • Lester!!! I'm so sorry about last night, I met you with Chad and I felt so bad just leaving like that. I apologize for bee lining it inside. It was really nice meeting you!

    Great pics!

    By Blogger foXXy, at Sun Apr 23, 06:07:00 PM  

  • Hey, I'm going to be at Death Cab/Franz Ferdinand this Friday too, try to say hi.

    By Blogger Shaz, at Sun Apr 23, 11:58:00 PM  

  • Ditto to what Foxxy said. I tried with Mr. Security Man, but he was in an onery mood.

    I think this is the second time I lost track of you after a MG show.

    I need to drink less...

    All right, good seeing you again my man! Hopefully we see you again in the near future.

    By Blogger Ciavarro, at Tue Apr 25, 05:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home