the acoustic diaries

Sunday, November 06, 2005

MG Show #20

Matt played the last show of the tour last night at the Commodore.

Getting ready for the show






The Ladies and Gentleman played a solid opening set. I'll have to check out their album.

Last night was my 20th MG show so it was pretty special for me. I also thought about the possibility of this being the last time that I'll hear most of these songs live, or at least in this format. This made me enjoy every song played even more.

The show turned out to be the best MG show I've seen. Many songs were played last night that weren't played the night before. Some highlights for me included the extended solos on Near Fantastica and at the end of Avalanche. Suburbia, Carmelina, and Blue Skies were great. Great crowd chant for Giant before the first encore. I loved the transition from Giant into Little Terror. Hearing Prime Time Deliverance always gives me goosebumps.

Matt played for 1hr 50mins with two encores.

Setlist:

Near Fantastica
Avalanche
Load Me Up
Hello Time Bomb
Oh Be Joyful
Suburbia
Empty Road
Carmelina
Alert Status Red
The Future Is X-Rated
Blue Skies Over Bad Lands
Weapon
Apparitions (acoustic)

Giant
Little Terror
Everything Is Automatic
Advertising On Police Cars

Put Out Your Lights
Poor Man's Grey
Prime Time Deliverance (acoustic)
Generation X-Wing (acoustic)

Huge thanks to Tony Pierce for everything. It was so nice to meet and talk with you this weekend.







3 Comments:

  • good times. i'd have to say that was a close second best show i've seen of MG, with the exception of the Whistler show back in 2002 (i think).

    By Blogger ianmack, at Sun Nov 06, 07:25:00 PM  

  • Hey chief! It was good to meet ya!

    On Saturday night I got a little drunk, and I kinda lost track of ya! I thought you were there, but then you were gone!

    Hopefully you made it around ok. I'll make sure to swing by here more often.

    By Blogger Ciavarro, at Mon Nov 07, 02:09:00 PM  

  • Ciavarro, it was nice to meet you. You're hilarious and a pretty awesome guy.

    Everything worked out all good.

    By Blogger acoustic, at Mon Nov 07, 04:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home